Avro Vulcan B2 XH558 – 230 OCU, RAF Waddington, White Anti Flash livery 1960
1 in stock
1 in stock
Corgi Aviation Archive 1/144 scale AA31208: Avro Vulcan B2 XH558 of 230 OCU, RAF Waddington in the white livery used in 1960. Limited edition of 1,500 pieces.
Length 8.25 inches Wingspan 9.25 inches
2012 sees the 60th anniversary of the legendary Vulcan’s first flight in 1952. Going on to epitomise the RAF’s strategic bomber force during the cold war, the Vulcan served in a number of different roles throughout its service history. XH558 joined 230 OC U in July 1960. The twelfth B2 built, it was based first at RAF Finningley before moving almost immediately to RAF Waddington. Most of the squadron’s operational service was with the RAF Waddington wing, before being converted to the role of B2 Maritime Radar Reconnaissance in 1973 and then flying with 27 Squadron. It was later modified further to an air to air refuelling type, the K2 in 1982. Later XH558 returned to standard B2 configuration and it was the final Vulcan to be withdrawn from RAF service after being operated from 1986 as a display aircraft until budget cuts resulted in its retirement in 1992. Today XH558 flies with the Vulcan To The Sky trust.