Hawker Hurricane 11 – Collectors Club 2004 – Last of the ManyAdd to compare
Out of stock
Out of stock
AA32005: The Corgi Collectors Club Aviation Archive Special for 2004 is this Blue painted 1/72 scale Hurricane Mk11 G-AMAU. Wearing the inscription “Last of the Many” (due to the fact that it was the last of 14,533 Hurricanes produced) it is now painted in camouflage and a member of the Battle of Britain Flight. Limited to 1,000 models, this is a surefire investment and an essential part of any collection.
PLEASE NOTE: Certificate is present but bdoes not have a limited edition number printed on it.
The Hawker Hurricane is a British single-seat fighter aircraft that was designed and predominantly built by Hawker Aircraft Ltd for the Royal Air Force (RAF). Although largely overshadowed by the Supermarine Spitfire, the aircraft became renowned during the Battle of Britain, accounting for 60% of the RAF’s air victories in the battle, and served in all the major theatres of the Second World War.
The Hurricane was developed by Hawker in response to the Air Ministry specification F.36/34 (modified by F.5/34) for a fighter aircraft built around the new Rolls-Royce engine, then only known as the PV-12, later to become famous as the Merlin. At that time, RAF Fighter Command comprised just 13 squadrons, each equipped with either the Hawker Fury, Hawker Hart variant, or Bristol Bulldog – all biplanes with fixed-pitch wooden propellers and non-retractable undercarriages. The design, started in early 1934, was the work of Sydney Camm. The design evolved through several versions and adaptations, resulting in a series of aircraft which acted as interceptor-fighters, fighter-bombers (also called “Hurribombers”), and ground support aircraft. Further versions known as the Sea Hurricane had modifications which enabled operation from ships. Some were converted as catapult-launched convoy escorts, known as “Hurricats”. More than 14,000 Hurricanes were built by the end of 1944 (including about 1,200 converted to Sea Hurricanes and some 1,400 built in Canada by the Canada Car and Foundry).