Hobbymaster 1/72nd scale HA3112: F-102 Delta Dagger 0-61409, Florida ANG, 1960s.
On July 1, 1956 the 159th FIS expanded to a group level and became the flying squadron of the 125th FIG of the National Guard Bureau. In 1960 the 159th FIS was re-equipped from F-86 Sabres to the F-102 Delta Dagger. In 1968 the 125th FIG was relocated from Imeson Airport to the new Jacksonville International Airport where the F-102 flew until 1974 and replaced by the F-106 Delta Dart. F-102 0-61409 first belonged to the 61st FIS and then flew with ANG FIS units 157th, 146th, 159th and 179th before going to AMARC in 1970.
The Convair F-102 Delta Dagger was designed to be an interceptor aircraft and act as the core of USAF air defences in the late 1950s. The F-102 first appeared in service in 1956 with the task to intercept Soviet bombers. The official name for the F-102 was “Delta Dagger” but the most common term used was “Deuce”. There was 889 F-102As manufactured when production ended in September 1958.