McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II #67-0210 – 58th TFS, 432nd TRW, USAF, Udorn RTAFB, Thailand, June 1972Add to compare
2 in stock
2 in stock
Hobby Master 1/72 scale HA19041: McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II #67-0210 of 58th TFS, 432nd TRW, USAF, Udorn RTAFB, Thailand, June 1972. Production run of 600 models.
Length 10.5 inches Wingspan 6.25 inches
F-4E Phantom II 67-0210 was first delivered to 33rd TFW / 4533rd TTS on July 9 1968 and in 1970 it was reassigned to the 4531st TFW at Homestead AFB. Over its career this aircraft was operated by no less than 10 various units. On June 2, 1972 while stationed with the 58thth TFS / 432nd TRW out of Udorn RTAB using callsign “Brenda 01” encountered a NVAF MiG-19 and engaged. After a brief pursuit the F-4 shot the MiG-19 down using its M61A1 machine gun. In 1987 the aircraft was transferred to Turkey.
McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II
Designed as a fleet defense fighter for the US Navy, the F-4 Phantom was first flown on May 27, 1958. This twin-engine, long-range all-weather fighter/bomber proved highly adaptable and served in the Marine Corps and the US Air Force as well as in the Navy. During the Vietnam War, it was the principal air superiority fighter for the Navy and the Air Force and was also used for reconnaissance and ground attack. The Phantom continued to serve well into the 1970s and 1980s and even flew missions during the first Gulf War. Finally phased out by the F-14, F-16 and F/A-18, the Phantom was retired in 1996.